TechSpot

Someone’s reportedly hijacking vast amounts of government and financial data through a...

By Justin Kahn
Dec 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I guess at some point most of us just assume that people are siphoning off huge amounts of important data through the internet for nefarious purposes, and based on a report from Wired it appears as though something just like...

Read more

2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

Sounds like a perfect story for the NSA to scoff up. Great timing too.

H3llion likes this.
  3. I again have to congratulate Edward Snowden for being such a traitor and helping in the death of America (sarcasm). Maybe he could have put some effort into PROTECTING his country instead.

World: "Why didn't you use your powers for good, instead of serving evil?"

Ed: "Coz I wouldn't have got my photo published"

World: "But Edward, you have eroded the security and privacy of your government operations, your former employer and ultimate defender of your homeland!"

Ed: "Like I care, I'm a Russian now. I wanted to be Chinese but they were smart enough to boot me onto Moscow."

World: "Edward, we would like you to come home for a nice warm bath. We'll even meet you at the airport"

Ed: "Nyet!"

4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,184   +177

Nice troll guest. Remember the US Govt is just as untrustworthy as any other state. Worse still they put the vulnerabilities there in the first place.

spencer, Chazz and H3llion like this.
  5. Sorry Edward, I didn't realise you were online.

Maybe you could contribute positively by helping to strengthen your countries cyber security instead of spamming anarchist nonsense.

6. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,192   +246

If its 1 thing I have learned over the past couple of days is anything computer hacker/espionage/spying related is 100% legal and fully accepted by the US so if you live in the US and you hack or do anything like what this article says you are well within your legal right to do so.

Personally if the government does this kind of stuff then you are allowed to do it otherwise why would it be illegal if the non-governmental people are treated differently kinda takes you back to the old days of white people are rich black are poor which means they are slaves...

If the US government wants to make people who do this or hack etc. criminals they seriously need to start acting like its illegal before they start criminalizing people for the stuff they do Otherwise why would it be illegal if your doing the exact same thing. Treat others how you would like to be treated!

7. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,184   +177

Yeah actually I've been advocating 6-7 year old modern security protocols for... 6-7 years. Why is no-one using them on mainstream websites hey? And better yet, if you didn't notice, Snowden didn't put the vulnerabilities in either.

Blame your NSA. They should be helping cyber security.

And again nice troll.

8. Tbh I'm not really sure who to believe anymore.....

9. @ agissi : That is exactly what came to mind when I read the article title.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.