TechSpot

someone explain UV light to me

By deano3041
Jul 14, 2005
  1. ok i purchased a ultra x connect power supply and i thought that my dfi lanparty mobo would enable it to light up because it said it had uv lights on it but i emailed dfi and they said that it would not light it up :evil: .......i am thinking of buying a uv brightlight cathdode dual kit from frozencpu.com but i need a garuntee that this will actually enable my power cables to light up....can any of you veterens help this newbie builder out? many thanks

2. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

Power cables will only light up or become illuminated in the fashion you seek if they are cables which have a UV-reactive coating or have lights inside them. Plain jane cables will do nothing that other plastic won't.

3. deano3041

deano3041 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

i understand that but my cables are uv sensative or coated or wahtever the heck they need to be i just want to kno how to light em up

4. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

You need an actual UV light then. You can get a tube but make sure it is a UV tube and not just a light.

5. deano3041

any recomendations? :approve:

6. amdGuy

amdGuy TS Rookie

yea i had the same problem. i bought an IDE cable that was UV sensitive and put just a regular LED in my case and was wondering why the cable wasn't lighting up. so i bought a pair of Vastech Cold Cathode UV tubes. looks pretty sweet once u get it all installed

7. deano3041

thanx guys i called frozen cpu and im gunna git a kit from them

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.