Someone explain UV light to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

ok i purchased a ultra x connect power supply and i thought that my dfi lanparty mobo would enable it to light up because it said it had uv lights on it but i emailed dfi and they said that it would not light it up :evil: .......i am thinking of buying a uv brightlight cathdode dual kit from frozencpu.com but i need a garuntee that this will actually enable my power cables to light up....can any of you veterens help this newbie builder out? many thanks

Power cables will only light up or become illuminated in the fashion you seek if they are cables which have a UV-reactive coating or have lights inside them. Plain jane cables will do nothing that other plastic won't.

i understand that but my cables are uv sensative or coated or wahtever the heck they need to be i just want to kno how to light em up

You need an actual UV light then. You can get a tube but make sure it is a UV tube and not just a light.

yea i had the same problem. i bought an IDE cable that was UV sensitive and put just a regular LED in my case and was wondering why the cable wasn't lighting up. so i bought a pair of Vastech Cold Cathode UV tubes. looks pretty sweet once u get it all installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back