Someone Please help me with DXDIAG info & tell me what driver i need

By Crap2.0
Jan 6, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, My computer got a virus and completely died on me. I couldnt get to windows/safe mode-- Nothing. So a friend of a friends got it up and running for me and installed Windows Xp Professional on it (I had normal WIndows Xp before) So When I got the computer back it booted up to Windows XP Pro and worked just fine, all i needed to do was tu run Windows Update, so I did that. So i tried to install some video games (Halo: COmbat EVolved and Knight Online) both games worked just great before my computer crashed, but now when I try to run them they both have problems with DirectX. Halos error message said something about not being able to run directdraw and to use DXDIAG (which i did) and knight online told me that it "Cannot Create D3dDevice". So long story short nothing seems to work and i dont know **** about computers. I dont know anything about drivers or video cards or anything, but it says "the system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer" i dont know what the hell im doing, all i wanna do is play my old favorite games. I ran DXDIAG and this is what it said:

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/5/2007, 23:30:52
    Machine name: COUCH-93YSO29OP
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
    System Model: PC182A-ABA SR1103WM NA430
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz, ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 248MB RAM
    Page File: 181MB used, 425MB available
    Windows Dir: I:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name:
    Manufacturer:
    Chip type:
    DAC type:
    Device Key: Enum\
    Display Memory: n/a
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
    Monitor:
    Monitor Max Res:
    Driver Name: vga.dll
    Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
    DDI Version: unknown
    Driver Attributes: Final Reta

I Didnt wanna post the whole GD thing but if its needed i will. Somone plz help this computer noob play his games!!!
  2. Superinc

Superinc Newcomer, in training Posts: 106

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.