Someone Please help me with DXDIAG info & tell me what driver i need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, My computer got a virus and completely died on me. I couldnt get to windows/safe mode-- Nothing. So a friend of a friends got it up and running for me and installed Windows Xp Professional on it (I had normal WIndows Xp before) So When I got the computer back it booted up to Windows XP Pro and worked just fine, all i needed to do was tu run Windows Update, so I did that. So i tried to install some video games (Halo: COmbat EVolved and Knight Online) both games worked just great before my computer crashed, but now when I try to run them they both have problems with DirectX. Halos error message said something about not being able to run directdraw and to use DXDIAG (which i did) and knight online told me that it "Cannot Create D3dDevice". So long story short nothing seems to work and i dont know **** about computers. I dont know anything about drivers or video cards or anything, but it says "the system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer" i dont know what the hell im doing, all i wanna do is play my old favorite games. I ran DXDIAG and this is what it said:

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/5/2007, 23:30:52
Machine name: COUCH-93YSO29OP
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
System Model: PC182A-ABA SR1103WM NA430
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz, ~2.5GHz
Memory: 248MB RAM
Page File: 181MB used, 425MB available
Windows Dir: I:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name:
Manufacturer:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor:
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: vga.dll
Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Reta

I Didnt wanna post the whole GD thing but if its needed i will. Somone plz help this computer noob play his games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back