someone please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just started buying some games for the pc battlefield 1942 ghost recon and halo my problem is the computer hangs any time i try to play it starts fine but intermittantly the cpu rockets to 100% for about 10 seconds then is back to normal for ashort time before it just continues in this pattern

my setup is a p4 1.7
1ghz ramradeon aiw 9000pro
sb audigy1

i have tried absolutely everything i could think of to fix this including reinstalling all software and hardware and windows xp home edition

is my system just to slow for these games i am going crazy with this any help or advise would be most appreciated

I think I might know your problem. If you have a low wattage on your power pack then your problem is solved. So:

What's your wattage on your power pack?
And have you overclocked your VGA/Motherboard?

When a card is given too much/too little juice from the power pack it peforms faster and slower than it should perform normally. Another problem is that your card could be taking power from other cards in your computer.

your VGA drivers may be too old. First, (as in many similar posts I have made) make sure you have the most recent VGA drivers for your card. Most of the time this will solve the problem. Power is not the issue, definitely not. The whole system would hang due to a brownout, nad wouldnt be able to recover. I have personally experienced this with a 250W PSU. Post with a little more information and i can assist you further.

IF, you have the NEWEST Cat. 3.8 drivers, you might try going back to the the 3.7's. I have heard of people having prolbems with the newest drivers in the games you mentioned, especially Battlefield 1942. I don't know if that could have anything to do with you CPU usage, but you might give it at try if you have the newest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back