Something is wrong.Virus,Malware giving me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smore9648

I recently reloaded my system and while I was updating all my prgograms I some how encountered something that is now becoming a nuisance.

Problem: Internet explorer and firefox crash after a couple minutes of viewing any website.

I run msconfig and go to startup and notice there is a blank entry and the path is the same as all the other ones.

My actions so far: I ran spybot, BitDefender 10, ad-aware pro, I even ran the spyware included on ZoneAlarm and System Mech 6.
I also ran RootKit revealer. (Yes I ran these in safe mode as well)

I found three parasites but suppovisely they have been cleaned and deleted.

But the problem is still happening and the blank entry in msconfig is still there.

I went to the path in regedit and I see a default entry and a empty path.
Is this normal or is this my culprit?

Is there any other program I can use to figure this out?

I take it you didn`t disconnect from the net while reinstalling etc? Never connect to the net without a firewall programme installed and active.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of smore9648 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

howard_hopkinso said:
I take it you didn`t disconnect from the net while reinstalling etc? Never connect to the net without a firewall programme installed and active.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of smore9648 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Unfortunately no I didn't and I know better then to do that but I did not have the zonealarm cd. I purchased it and downloaded from their site.

I will do those steps once I go home, in 5 hours.

Hopefully this works. I am not reloading my system again.

My files. I do not see anything suspicious

Its only effecting my browsers. The rest of the computer functions as normal.

The browers don't even stay up for more then a minute now. I wiped FireFox Completely out of the system, even went into the registry to make sure everything was gone and reinstalled it.

Could this be do to some memory leak with in the browsers? I looked at the resources for FireFox and it was using 35k. I heard some people have theirs running at 70k.

I agree, nothing bad in your HJT log.

I don`t think it`s a memory leak, as I`ve never heard of one in IE nor Firefox.

Obviously something`s not right. I suggest you run a Windows repair as per this thread HERE and see if that helps.

If that doesn`t help, you should open a new thread in our Windows OS forum.

I did what I said I wasn't going to do, I wiped the drive 3 times and re-installed everything,:eek: without being on the network.

No problems now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back