Something stupid with win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is problem: When I play computer games, they run normally everything seems to be allright, but from time to time ,the start to lag for about 10 seconds. This is not a very big problem I think, but I HATE this :( . Thas same like you play old-school super mario, and someone enables pause when you are in mid-air above hole, and the game stop lagging when you are in the hole:) This really annoying. I don't think this is about a virus, because my anti-virus is pretty gooooooooood!!!

I would first check that the system is up to the minimum spec for the game.
Check also that you have not used up all the hard drive space - this could have exactly the problem you describe. To check this open windows explorer and right click on your hard drive C:\ - go to properties and look at the pie chart. If you are down to less than 10% you need to remove a few programs to free it up.

The problem can also be caused by overheating due to insufficient case ventilation. You should have one fan drawing air IN from the front of the case and one fan drawing air out the back at a minimum.

Another cause for what you describe is playing games with large maps and at high resolutions with insufficient memory installed. I had a similar issue when playing fear until I upgraded from 1 GB to 2 GB of ram.

At 23% this is borderline as it will begin to restrict the operating system's ability to create a temporary cache file. If you can clear stuff out it might help.

hmmmmmmyep...

I'm scanned my computer for viruses , and suprise suprise:
2006.09.11 19:08:50 File: c:\windows\system32\setup\bpk.exe detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.ad'
2006.09.11 19:08:42 Running module: bpk.exe\bpk.exe detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.ad'
2006.09.11 19:08:42 File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setup\bpk.exe detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.ad'
2006.09.11 19:08:42 Running module: bpk.exe\bpkhk.dll detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163'
2006.09.11 19:08:43 Running module: ctfmon.exe\bpkhk.dll detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163'
2006.09.11 19:08:43 Running module: msmsgs.exe\bpkhk.dll detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163'
2006.09.11 19:08:38 File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setup\bpkhk.dll detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163'
2006.09.11 19:08:42 Running module: winampa.exe\bpkhk.dll detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163'
2006.09.11 19:08:40 Running module: SMax4.exe\bpkhk.dll detected riskware 'not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163'

I'm tried to delete these stupidies from disk (I'm know I'm,know I'm stupid) BUT! they cannot be deletan because something uses them. I don't rightly know: viruses or windows... Well. Any ideas?

You should read the stickies in the security threads, download all the tools and run the cleanup operation. You may like to change your own security stuff as it is clearly not working for you. You could try booting into safe mode and removing these manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back