TechSpot

Sony CD-RW won't read disc

By filipmike33
Dec 30, 2007
  1. Hey all, I have a Sony CD-RW that receives power, computer recognizes it but it wont load any of my CD's. Its a 48X, I forgot what the model is since its on the other computer, but I remember it has CRX171 or something like that, I was hoping maybe someone here can help me out? Id appreciate it alot

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,915   +167

You want be to give you the money to buy a new drive? Anyway that's what you need to do. Start saving

3. filipmike33

filipmike33 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 93

I wasnt asking for sympathy, i was asking for help, maybe someone here knows how to troubleshoot it or maybe its a driver issues and can help me to the right direction because i googled for a driver with no success.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,915   +167

This is not a driver issue, it a bad drive issue. Replace the drive and all your troubles will disappear

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I suggest a replacement. If it won't read any discs, then you need to replace it. optical drives are dirt cheap now.

6. filipmike33

filipmike33 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 93

I see, thank you guys.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.