Sony celebrates PlayStation's 20th anniversary with a limited edition, retro-themed PS4

By Shawn Knight
Dec 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony Pictures is still reeling from what has been described as the most embarrassing and all-encompassing corporate data hack ever to go public. It's a completely different tone in the gaming division, however, as today marks the 20th anniversary of...

Read more
  2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,617   +493

And maybe a 1TB HDD too? Watch it be twice as expensive as the standard console.
  3. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

pfff... I doubt it would be twice, ten times might be more accurate. ;P
  4. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

Kotaku is stating that the console will be $499 and 499 Euros in each respective territory. Unfortunately, there is no 1TB hard drive.
  5. risc32

risc32 TS Booster Posts: 186   +75

With the going rate of 1tb HDs I'm not sure how it makes that much of a difference. now tell me it comes with a 1tb SSD drive and that the software has been tweaked to take full advantage of it, then I would say sweet.
  6. Jam Jack

Jam Jack TS Rookie Posts: 20   +6

I understand why people want Sony to provide a larger hard drive when you can easily remove and replace the current hard drive for one of your own choosing. You could even put an SSD in it if you wanted. I think pace wise you are limited to a 9.55mm drive but regardless.