Sony DRU820a as finicky as a Goldfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironoak

Hi all

First, I'd like to say thanks to SNG4 and Dave for the links, I'd never have been able to figure out the information I needed without their links. If you don't have SIW and are a simpleton like me, I highly recommend it.

That being said.
Problem
My DVD burner is also a Reader. It's supposed to read and burn both DVD and CD's. I ran into a problem two days ago. The unit stopped recognizing DVDs full storage capabilities. What I mean by this is that it read and recognized the DVD, but read that it could hold 0mb. I followed the thread written by PeteLord and tried to get some of those suggestions to work, but to no avail. What's now happening, is that the Unit will no longer even recongnize DVDs or CDs using the drag and drop method. I can burn DVDs and CDs using Nero, but not Roxio. My mind is losing it. I need to use the Roxio, because the Nero only burns files, while the Roxio suite is the Program I use for Slideshows and Movies that I produce for Photography. I've used it for a long time, and that's why this new issue is irritating me.

Solutions (not really, i guess) I've tried.
I wish I could post links, maybe i'll try to find out how, but the thread by PeteLord, like I said earlier had the information that I followed. I uninstalled reinstalled software, the actual unit, deleted lower thingys in regedit, restarted after that. I've tried just one software at a time (Nero then Roxio). Then tried no software at all after I reinstalled the unit.
I'm at a loss.

Again, thanks so much for the help that has been offered to us (or me) newbies.
It's nice to see a forum where people's shortcomings are laughed at instead of the people themselves;)

That was frank, I was thinking that's what the end result was. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand?

CD\DVD R/W's are inexpensive now. Even the dual-layer combo burners go for around $75. You can pick up a Lite-On Combo burner for under $40. My Nec Combo burner is 2 years old and it has burned over 400 CD's and DVD's to date. It was $38... So if in doubt, throw it out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back