Sony is developing a minimalist fashion watch based on e-paper technology

1. Sony has formed a new division under the name of Fashion Entertainments and created a simple watch made entirely from e-paper. The watch, codenamed Fes, adopts a retro design and features 24 patterns which mimic a wide range of traditional watch...

Read more
  2. JakeT

JakeT TS Member Posts: 74   +20

So if I drop it in water will it become ePulp?
    Jam Jack likes this.
  3. umbala

umbala TS Addict Posts: 163   +135

Another useless garbage "experiment" product by Sony and it's going to flop big time, as usual. I don't understand how a company like Sony, who's been struggling for years to stay profitable, can afford to keep wasting millions on R&D for products that have almost no chance of success. It's like they're just throwing **** at the wall, hoping one of the turds will stick.
  4. taimuraly

taimuraly TS Booster Posts: 113

Wow, why the hate. The product is not even launched yet and you believe it will be doomed. "Flop big time" & "No chances of success", uhmm theses might not sell out like something Apple might make but think that there would be many people you would want to buy such a product. Only time will tell.
    Me for instance, I like the battery life and that it is a watch not pretending to be a mini phone. Also like the minimalist design and that it is not bulky - won't look bad on my skinny arms.
    Burty117 and cliffordcooley like this.
  5. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 808   +273

Why is everyone pushing these watches? Even the hype is not that big and I'm pretty sure it's not selling that well either.