TechSpot

Sony launches the Xperia Z2 with "world's best mobile camera"

By Scorpus
Feb 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. At Mobile World Congress 2014, Sony has announced their new flagship Android smartphone, the Xperia Z2, which is a small update to the Xperia Z1 but packs what the company claims is "the world's best mobile camera".

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

Yeah yeah, it's all good and well but the Galaxy S5 should have been announced today and I'm still waiting to hear/see anything official.

3. At Sony office discussing the new xperia flagship

CEO: so, any idea how we build the new Z2?
    RnD #1: bring me a Z1 and gimme a sec to overclock it ..done!!
    CEO: whoa.. that's innovative, how could you do the magic like appl* done ..but, I'm still not satisfied :(
    RnD #2: well, make the display larger! let's say add another 0.2 inch
    CEO: Whoa.. now that's what we called innovation! oh, I got idea, how about we just do the same (overclock only) with our xperia tablet Z then rebranded it :D

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

Wow what a monster! This is gonna give the S5 a huge run for its money.

5. arod916

arod916 TS Rookie Posts: 21

Although I can probably guess the answer, an official word on carrier availability would be nice. I'm guess a no go for Verizon, because Verizon sucks. If this did come to Verizon it would be my next phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.