1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony launches the Xperia Z2 with "world's best mobile camera"

By Scorpus ยท 4 replies
Feb 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. At Mobile World Congress 2014, Sony has announced their new flagship Android smartphone, the Xperia Z2, which is a small update to the Xperia Z1 but packs what the company claims is "the world's best mobile camera".

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 7,402   +2,566

Yeah yeah, it's all good and well but the Galaxy S5 should have been announced today and I'm still waiting to hear/see anything official.

3. At Sony office discussing the new xperia flagship

CEO: so, any idea how we build the new Z2?
    RnD #1: bring me a Z1 and gimme a sec to overclock it ..done!!
    CEO: whoa.. that's innovative, how could you do the magic like appl* done ..but, I'm still not satisfied :(
    RnD #2: well, make the display larger! let's say add another 0.2 inch
    CEO: Whoa.. now that's what we called innovation! oh, I got idea, how about we just do the same (overclock only) with our xperia tablet Z then rebranded it :D

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,500   +971

Wow what a monster! This is gonna give the S5 a huge run for its money.

5. arod916

arod916 TS Member Posts: 22

Although I can probably guess the answer, an official word on carrier availability would be nice. I'm guess a no go for Verizon, because Verizon sucks. If this did come to Verizon it would be my next phone.