Sony offering PS4 gamers a free weekend of PlayStation Plus

Himanshu Arora

Staff

If you are a PS4 owner but haven't subscribed to PlayStation Plus, here is some good news: Sony is offering you a free weekend of the service, allowing you to play the multiplayer modes for games like Destiny, Madden NFL 15, FIFA 15, and Diablo III. The company says that the PS Plus service will be open to everyone from Friday, Sept. 26 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific to Sunday, Sept. 28 at 11:59 p.m. No sign ups are required to take advantage of the promotion.

While online multiplayer is free on the PlayStation 3, it requires a PS Plus subscription on the PS4. Sony says it's due to the additional investment the company had to make on the network side for the console. PS Plus subscribers either pay $50 per year, $18 for three months, or $10 for one month.

PS Plus membership has some other perks, too. For example, it gets you access to free games every month, up to 3GB of cloud storage, and as much as 75 percent off in the PlayStation Store. It also works across PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita.

The promotion comes on the same day the company announced that its PlayStation TV, the tiny streaming box that allows users to play games on a TV without hooking up a console, will arrive in North America on October 14th.

Permalink to story.

Wow, lots of freebies I encounter today: ps4 free weekend of ps+, bejeweled 3 via origin, tropico 3 special steam edition via humble bundle.

Enough choices already?

Google TV, Amazon Instant, Apple TV, YouTube Library, Vudu, Microsoft Store, PPV, HBOGO, Roku, Playstation TV, Redbox Instant, Netflix, and many others I am forgetting.

Enough choices already?

Google TV, Amazon Instant, Apple TV, YouTube Library, Vudu, Microsoft Store, PPV, HBOGO, Roku, Playstation TV, Redbox Instant, Netflix, and many others I am forgetting.

Once you determine price point and the content you want, that list shrinks pretty fast.

Enough choices already?

Yeah, your CCTV at work. Bosses like to be entertained as well.

Back