Sony teases new Xperia 'Honami' smartphone on video ahead of Sept. 4 event

By Justin Kahn
Aug 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. An updated version of Sony's flagship Xperia Z has been rumored for quite a while now. In the teaser video below, the company appears to be showing off the much rumored new smartphone and confirms an official reveal date for...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,108   +728

Wow if it had Android 4.3 it would be one heck of a phone (spec-wise at least).
  3. Sorry, but what tell this video for me?
  4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Anything past Android 4.1 is a big plus for me.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,203   +519

And anything past Android 2.3 is even a bigger plus for me. I still find my old SII quite relevant at the moment. I have an S4 mini stashed away which I acquired when I renewed my contract but I haven't even unboxed it yet. I like keeping myself in suspense. :)
  6. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

My SII is on 4.1.2 and it is absolutely atrocious. The media scanner bug is going to be unresolved for SII as it won't get 4.2 from what I hear. Any media file with an underscore in the name can cause it to go 100% CPU (default file name format for the camera uses an underscore between yyMMdd and hhmmss!). Can blow through the battery in 2 hours and fills the internal storage with thumbnail data.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,203   +519

I heard about things like that so I never bothered upgrading the OS. Gingerbread is not only tasty, it's still relevant, most apps are compatible with it.
    I'll crack open my new phone sometime during the Xmas season and munch on some Jellybeans.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.