sony vaio laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
helo to all, new here. I have a vaio laptop given to me as gift..(used) model pcg-srx99k. turns on ok, then a blue screen theat says a problem has been detected and windows has shut down...........

check for viruses on your pc. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controlllers. ck hd to make sure properly config. and terminated. run chkdsk/f to chec for hard ddrive corruption, and then restart comp.
technical info:
***stop: 0x0000007b (0xf7baf640,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

did the restart , but thats as far as I get..... need some advise how to proceed
I am new at this comp. thing but would love to continue learning.

use safe mode to boot up to windows

when the laptop is booting, keep hitting F8 on your keyboard untill it presents you with some options, select Safe mode.

Hopefully the previous owner left some virus scanner like norton (cringe..) on it so use that, or download one free of the net like AVG and put on a USB stick or cd and install that...

chkdsk /f you go [start>run] and type cmd, then type in the chkdsk /f in the command prompt. reboot.

hopefully this gift came with a few cds called recovery cds or windows xp etc.. use that as a last options if all else fails to wipe the HDD and reinstall windows fresh...

thks, presently can't get past the blue screen. just got the laptop and nothing else with it. like I said......I'm learning. once again thks for the support.

This seems to happen when windows loads on drivers it hasn't been set up for. It happens when you load windows from a hard drive that came from another computer. I don't get why though, it shouldn't be a problem from what I know, but experience proved me otherwise.

He won't be able to boot up in safe mode. The laod will crash at some sys file and he won't be able to skip it.

Your best option here is to format the drive with a win XP cd. Maybe a simple repair can do.

edit :
Oh and I have really no idea why you got this lol. I don't think I know the cause .. but I know the effect lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back