Sony Vaio PCV-RX860, Good ram options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I am hoping some of you folks around here could help me out with some of my x-mas shopping. I would like to upgrade my husbands computer, he is currently running on 512 MB of ram, and I would like to boost that up for him.

I read online a little about some of my options, and ran into this:

The Sony Vaio PCV-RX860 uses PC-2100 type memory and has 3 bank(s) of 1 socket(s) each for a total of 3 memory socket(s) . The Sony Vaio PCV-RX860 comes standard with 512MB of RAM and supports up to 1.5GB of RAM . Choose from the memory modules listed above for guaranteed compatible upgrades for your Sony Vaio PCV-RX860.

This is what the ram slots look like inside his PC. Now, this article states that I can only upgrade up to 1.5GB of ram.

At Bestbuy, I would like to order him this: PNY - 2-Pack 1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 Memory. But I don't know if this is compatible with his PC, or if it is, if it will even fit/work.

My greatest thanks to anywho who can help me out. I would like to order this item soon before its too late. :)

Thank you very much for the heads up :)

Any recommendations as to what types of RAM would work which I could order, or even pick-up from a store such as Bestbuy, or Circuit City etc. ?

If it has pc 2100 ram in it already then you should only get pc2100. Any other type of ram will cause problems if it works at all.

Mismatching ram is always a bad idea unless you like having an unstable pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back