Sony Vaio (VGN-FS125B) random freeze on turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar5575

Hi...and help!

well i've had this problem for quite a time now, basically whenever i turn on my laptop, the logo comes on and then it sometimes freezes. its COMPLETELY random. sometimes it can turn on like 10 times in a row and no freeze!, but sometimes it will just hang there on that vaio screen maybe 4 times in a row, nothing responds, i just have to hold the power button in, and its annoying! i tried to resolve this issue by using the vaio recovery utility which basically reformats and the HDD partition using another backup partition, and then reinstall windows xp again. I did this and it worked i allowed all the vaio updates again, it hung once, which means the problem has not gone, its lessened but not completely gone! i have also changed the boot-up sequence on the BIOS and still nothing, virus scans everything ive done, and still nothing! its much less but still is there!

oh i need to mention i have a vista home premium disc, but ive lost my xp one. though i REALLY dont want vista!

any suggestions would be great thanks!!

Graphical freeze it might be, did the laptop came up with a XP cd or Vista, It might couldnt handle Vista. Does the freeze happen when you just open, or on multi tasking?

no cd came with it, they install all the applications on the pc, and there is this recovery partition, equivalent to reinstalling xp. but still no luck, i dont think its a graphical freeze as the WHOLE laptop just stops for no reason. its entirely random which makes it hard to solve. it happens once i turn the laptop on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back