Sony Xperia Z Ultra Review: A powerful 6.4-inch Android phablet

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/711-sony-xperia-z-ultra/]https://www.techspot.com/review/711-sony-xperia-z-ultra/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

SONY does it again, but runs short on the battery life. Someone in that department for battery development overlook that important part. Oh well had me sold on this ptablet (phone-tablet) still nice idea but maybe add support for higher mAh battery otherwise it's a pass for me I'll keep my Motorola Razr Maxx for now with the desktop dock plus HDTV dock and SUV dock options still better deal for now.

Me thinks final score is too high, me thinks about 40 would be a sweet spot

Please stop using the term Phablet! It stinks of douchebaggery. It's a phone. And the well established size for being called a tablet is 7 inches.

I've always said my dream phone would be a 5" iPhone, running Android OS with a Lumia camera. This is nearly my dream phone. I mean it's the closest I'm going to get at least.

I really like the Xperia products, just wish they would make a Google edition but I'm told the ROM hasn't been messed about with that much. 6" may be a bit big for me as a phone, I'm not sure. Think I'll probably end up getting the Z1.

I had a chance to try one out too, and it's really, really, really thin. Almost hard to believe there's a phone in there. Add to that that it's simply the fastest phone you can get right now and you have one great phablet.

Well this will be quite the fall for phablets.

You have this phone, the Samsung Note 3 and the Nokia 1520. All are very interesting options with their own advantages. I'm not a big fan of huge phones like this, but I'd like to get my hands on them to know for sure.

Am I the only one that finds that the Sony launcher wastes space on top and bottom? I mean, in the home screen? The space between top bar and Google widget and the space between dock and home screen icons?

The Samsung launcher also does this, and if you change DPI to something smaller, it's ridiculous.

That is a sexy phone. My fall plan was to buy an iPhone 5s and Galaxy Note 3. Hmm!

Am I the only one that finds that the Sony launcher wastes space on top and bottom? I mean, in the home screen? The space between top bar and Google widget and the space between dock and home screen icons?

The Samsung launcher also does this, and if you change DPI to something smaller, it's ridiculous.
the big screen for phablets will NOT be a waste for android ads. :)
heck even the small screen of my (old, budget) Samsung galaxy y running on android 2.3.6 has ads when some free apps are launched.

Me thinks final score is too high, me thinks about 40 would be a sweet spot
I'm not sure the battery life is a massive issue for people in normal office/day to day use. Personally the screen size and slim form factor seems a lot more appealing.

This is not a phablet, this is a mini tablet. Think of it just like 'mini ipad' version of 'ipad' :D

A great review, looking forward to a z1 review, btw I heard that z heats alot even after like 15 mins of normal non-heavy use? Hoping the z1 to be a flawless flagship, with all previous devices shortcomings made up for.

Back