TechSpot

Sony Xperia Z Ultra ups the ante with a massive 6.4-inch display

By Shawn Knight
Jun 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you thought Samsung’s Galaxy Note II packed a large screen, wait until you see Sony’s latest creation. The Xperia Z Ultra will ship with a 6.4-inch, 1080p display that’s coming dangerously close to tablet territory...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,932   +899

That is a bit too far. That is a tablet, not a phablet.
  3. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Is it actually possible to hold this up to your ear to make calls?
  4. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Booster Posts: 271   +47

Wow, using a normal pencil... nice. And seems they saw from the same perspective as ours: too big to be comfortably hold during a phone call; their approach: use the handset, put it in your pocket. It is appealing to me, right now I'm using a "standard" cell phone (NOKIA X2) and have no tablet, and it is just the right mixture of both to buy in the upcoming months -I wasn't considering a Samsung even before watching this, nothing against, but they already have enough customers.
  5. taimuraly

taimuraly TS Enthusiast Posts: 116

It is quite huge but do like the headset one would get with the phone. The headset also has a headphone jack allowing users to listen to music and not need to plug in the headphones in the device. It works with
    Sony's new watch too.
    Using it with the watch and headset, one wouldn't need to operate the phone for most part. Just need to find a pocket large enough to hold it though =)
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,025   +735

It looks more like a big screen TV to me.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,025   +735

You'd need very large reinforced pockets just to tote this thing about. It would probably be easier to make a call from the nearest call box.
  8. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TS Addict Posts: 414   +112

The moral of the Video is: You can't frolic in the pool with your girlfriend without the Xperia Z ultra. :p
  9. Galaxy S3 /S4 is the absolute maximum size that my pockets tolerate

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.