TechSpot

Sony's 'lens camera' gets outed in high-res photos, coming next month

By Shawn Knight
Aug 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Last month we entertained rumors of a smartphone accessory from Sony that’s best described as a “lens camera.” The device would attach to the back of your phone and transform the handset into a true digital camera. A crude, low-resolution...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,949   +381

Is it just me or is magnetically attaching things to any sort of computer a not so good idea? cant that mess with stuff?

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,029   +913

That is really cool!

If that was the case, it wouldnt be sold.

4. Gopal Bhat

Gopal Bhat TS Rookie Posts: 43   +7

I remember magnets would mess with CRT displays & I know they screw around with the Galaxy Note's S-Pen functionality but I'm sure the vast majority of devices are unaffected nowadays.

5. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 561   +11

Wouldn't it just be easier clipping it on rather than magnets, not like you would be complaining about size with the hole massive lens attached to the phone and all?

6. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 333   +51

No thanks, I'll keep my real camera for photos, and just the camera phone for quick snapshots.

7. The RX100MII sensor is not found in the nikon 1 system, but we wish it was.

Signed,
    A nikon DSLR user

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,183   +767

The worlds gone portability mad. Where do we find the space to carry around phones, phablets. tablets, laptops and now camera lenses just to go to the supermarket.

9. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 410   +38

Easy, in our new man-purse of course. Kind of like that Seinfeld episode... I'm sorry, I meant a European Carry-All

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.