Sorry, I attached the zip instead of the txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally downloaded a virus. I don't remember which one. I immediately downloaded malwarebytes and ran it. It found a few different things and "fixed" it. But I still noticed IE8 loading very slow every now and then. So, I also downloaded Avira. It found and fixed a couple of other things. But, I am concerned that there is still something in here "hiding". I was hoping my HJT log would reveal something to the trained eye. I also ran superantispyware. That did not find anything.

To me, your Hijack log looks ok, (but I'm not a pro at this) but if you do the 8-step procedure, and post the logs from all the scans, it may provide the necessary information for the malware experts to guide you through this.:)

I didn't suggest the steps here because there is no trained malware helper on TechSpot at this time. It is very upsetting to see someone advise a user, then tell them "the malware experts to guide you through this" when it is known that the 'experts' are temporarily off of the board.

Re-posting as text doesn't change the contents.

strategic, please don't tell a user that 'experts' will help them when you are aware that we are not able to help at this time.

Sorry Bobbye, I didn't mean to cause any upset, I thought the malware helpers were limited, so I thought I was helping by getting the 'simple stuff' out of the way to make things smoother.
Maybe we can post a message at the top of the forum to let everyone know there is temporarily no / limited help?

At this point, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO trained malware helpers available on TechSpot- or if they are available, they have chosen not to participate.

Julio was made aware of this situation. A suggestion was made to temporarily close the Virus and Malware forum.

So there's not much point in anyone being told to run the programs and leave the logs- there is no one here to check them-who is trained in malware removal-at this time.

Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back