Sound and video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashun

OKAY GUYS,I HAVE MY SOUND ACTIVATED AC'97,NOW I CAN'T WATCH VIDEOS ONLY HEAR THEM.I'VE DEFRAGGED MY DISK.WHAT ELSE IS THERE FOR ME TO DO,OR WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP,I CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING:blackeye:! THANKS FOR ANY HELP

It is not polite to type in all caps. It's like you are shouting at us...You probably have a virus or malware infection. What are your system specs and operating system?

Shouting

No Tmagic650,I was not shouting I just don't like lower case letters...It may be an OCD thing(LOL).I understand the principle rule of upper case letters and exclamation marks.I've removed all the viruses...at least they're suppose to be.I'm so totally new at this.What is malware? Because I have Windows One Care and it did a system check and removed some viruses I don't know fully if all are gone though.Thanks

what videos do not work?
Does youtube work?
Can you play back original movies on DVD?
If you said yes to both questions above the problem might be with a video codec missing for your particular video or videos.

"What are your system specs and operating system?"...

Malware consists of virus and other nasties that affect the operation of a computer in a negative way... Just like your problem. Did the computer act up after you "cleaned" the virus infections or before you scanned? Download and run free Malwarebytes and CCleaner and tell us what you find

Video Playback

Well Reuben youtube play if the audio isn't activated,and I think the same goes for dvd videos.I haven't tried a dvd recently.So how do I get a video codec without a reinstall disc? THANX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back