TechSpot

Sound and Video Upgrade

By yoratool69
Mar 9, 2008
  1. Hey guys,

I am looking to spice up my system and was wondering what I could add or change.

My current system is:

Q6600
    Asus P5K Premium
    4 x 1024 OCZ Reapear (800)
    ASUS 8800GTX
    1 x 150 Raptor
    1 x 250 Seagate
    Onboard Sound
    Coolermaster 1000W Modular
    Coolermaster 830 EVO
    24" 1920 x1200 Monitor
    Running XP PRO

I have already got 2 x 2048 Corsair Dominator 8500 on Order, but what I was looking for is which sound card Auzen 7.1 or Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro to go for and whether to change the Motherboard and add another 8800gtx or upgrade to a x38 set and then go for 2 x 3870x2's??

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,094   +86 Staff Member

You're better off waiting until the 9800GT hits the market to upgrade your VPU if you feel the need to.

:) Not much you can do at the moment to spice that PC up, you already have the entire spice rack in it.

3. yoratool69

yoratool69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

Would you change the board to allow SLI with the 9800GT or just leave it with the same board and the one Vid Card?

4. Matthew

The odds of you taxing the 9800GT to it's limits as soon as it hits the market is pretty slim and in my personal opinion, SLI is not worth the money anyhow.

Wait until the next major CPU and chipset release before you upgrade your motherboard.

5. yoratool69

yoratool69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

Cheers mate, I appreciate the feedback. It makes upgrading alot easier

6. Matthew

:p I wish I could upgrade my PC the way you do haha.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.