Sound Blaster Audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

What is the difference between the following sound cards? Is it just the software? and if so is it worth paying the extra for the packages that include software? IS the hardware all the same? Thanks guys

CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY WITH 1394
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Xgamer
CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER BLASTER AUDIGY MP3+ - RETAIL
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Retail Box

I'm not as familiar with the Audigy as I am with the Live! but I think the different cards are packaged similar as the Live! cards were.

Audigy with 1394 suggests to me that it has Firewire ports.
I think the only difference in the XGamer and the MP3+ is the bundled software. As for the Platinum, I'm not certain about the Audigy but the Live! Platinum came two ways, OEM and Retail, The OEM was just the card and drivers and the Retail included the LiveDrive (a bay mounted panel that contains controls and ports that are connected to the card) I'm pretty sure the Audigy is also packaged this way.

The Platinum Retail would be the way to go in my opinion because that drive is very handy to have and well worth the difference in price.

All the same card, except the Platinum comes with the Audigy drive.Other than that a few software variations with the bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back