Sound, but no video.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsmit3093

When I try to play back video in mtv overdrive, i hear sound, but see no video. I have had this problem FOREVER and have searched and searched for answers and suggestions, but can never find a solution that works. Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

It could just be a codec problem.

Download the free trial of Powerdvd from HERE It will come with the correct codec.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

I`ve never used that codec package, so I don`t know if it covers everything.

Try the Powerdvd free trial and see if it helps.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and the latest DirectX.

Regards Howard :)

Yeah that codec package covers pretty much everything. But thing is, have u installed all the codecs in the package? During installation it asks u to select what codecs u would like installed so check it out by installing all the codecs. Also, try downloading and installing and using the latest version of the K-Lite package, if u already aren't.
Tell us what type of file ur trying to play. U can get to know what codec is being used by using AVICodec. Get it here
http://avicodec.duby.info/
After installing, right-click the file and click "AVICodec: Detailed information". In the window that pops up, tell us the name of the video codec (listed in the "V.Codec name" column)

Wow, that simple, and it actually worked. Thanks so much! BUT.. now theres a new problem. When the overdrive window launches, i cant click on any of the buttons/links/menu on the right hand side. The video plays fine, and i'm hearing sound, but i cant click on anything. ???

What buttons/links/menus? What player do use? I'm assuming it's not the Media Player Classic that comes with the K-Lite Codec Package coz that has a different layout. Speaking of which, try installing and using that. Might make a difference.

I meant the links on the overdrive page. But I just changed some of my javascript settings in firefox(in the options), and everything is now working as it should. Thanks so much for all your help and your quick responses, I greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back