Sound Car Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJD1993

Can someone please help me.

I have a Acer Aspire SA20 everything stock on it except for a wireless network card .

My speakers are functional but i get no sound out of them (inluding boot up music thingo) when i go onto Sound and Audio Devices it says there is no adudio device and everything is greyed out

Ive downloaded and installed AC97 drivers etc etc and it still doesnt work can someone please help

This is the stock audio: Embedded Realtek ALC655 CODEC

This is the driver site: http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/fo...ada&siteid=7297&areaid=17&formid=3394#results

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

Look in Add/Remove programs (click start, control panel) and if a Realtek driver is listed (usually something like 'Realtek High Definition Audio driver') click on it to uninstall it.

Did you follow my instructions to get the NEW driver zip file into a desktop folder? Did you unzip it?

yep when i unzipped it it came up with 2 files 3.55 & 3.57 the inside then i unpacked the rar files and it came up with lots of file and there were programs that removed the dirvers and the setup was there and also was a program that updates the drivers i unistalled it from the control panel and updated it and that didnt work so then i tried the programs in the folder and that didnt work. I tihnk i should just buy a new sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back