Sound Card anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonwalker

Recommend a good sound card for gamming. I was looking around and the only reviews I found was from like 2-3 years ago. Nobody cares about sound cards... Anything good for gaming, and has good mic input so people can understand.

I have a soundblaster audigy SE HD which is pretty nice i can turn my computer speakers completely up and no distortion at all. and it's only like 30 bucks at best buy or at newegg probably cheaper.

is it a gamers card or just any old card. 'Cause I have a bigger budget than 30 bux, but I wouldn't care if I could save some money.

MoMo1988 said:
How about this or this pretty spendy though

The second one is a little more in my price range 80-160. Is it good. Or did you just look it up and say, "He'll like this one-it costs more!" I was looking at that before and is the x-ram even useful. What games support it.

I don't think it makes much difference which soundcard you get for gaming.

If you have average speakers you won't hear the few decibel difference in better signal-to-noise ratio cards.

I don't know the real difference between EAX 2.0 and 4.0, all current sound chips support EAX 2.0, and not many games have 3.0 / 4.0 support anyhow.

In games there are a couple of frames per second differences between "inexpensive" sound chips and the expensive ones, so not that significant either.

I chose my soundcard because of its connectors - it supports multichannel audio in all applications via digital out connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back