Sound Card anyone???

By antonwalker
Apr 26, 2007
  1. Recommend a good sound card for gamming. I was looking around and the only reviews I found was from like 2-3 years ago. Nobody cares about sound cards... Anything good for gaming, and has good mic input so people can understand.
  2. MoMo1988

MoMo1988 TS Rookie Posts: 76

I have a soundblaster audigy SE HD which is pretty nice i can turn my computer speakers completely up and no distortion at all. and it's only like 30 bucks at best buy or at newegg probably cheaper.
  3. antonwalker

antonwalker TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

is it a gamers card or just any old card. 'Cause I have a bigger budget than 30 bux, but I wouldn't care if I could save some money.
  4. antonwalker

How about the Evga nforce 680i mobo integrated sound. Anyone think it is pretty good. Will I be heard well.
  5. MoMo1988

MoMo1988 TS Rookie Posts: 76

How about this or this pretty spendy though
  6. antonwalker

The second one is a little more in my price range 80-160. Is it good. Or did you just look it up and say, "He'll like this one-it costs more!" I was looking at that before and is the x-ram even useful. What games support it.
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

I don't think it makes much difference which soundcard you get for gaming.

If you have average speakers you won't hear the few decibel difference in better signal-to-noise ratio cards.

I don't know the real difference between EAX 2.0 and 4.0, all current sound chips support EAX 2.0, and not many games have 3.0 / 4.0 support anyhow.

In games there are a couple of frames per second differences between "inexpensive" sound chips and the expensive ones, so not that significant either.

I chose my soundcard because of its connectors - it supports multichannel audio in all applications via digital out connector.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.