Sound card damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrunner

I've reinstalled the driver and all that but when I go to play a song, it is kinda slow-mo and there is sorta interference and my mouse stops when interference happens. I can't explain much more, this is a very odd problem. Its on the mobo and its a ASUS A8V Deluxe. Please help...

check task manager if any processes are eating cpu time while trying to play the song apart from the program you use

simply close and all non-system processes and and all apps in task manager. Then play some music. If this does not give any clues:
de-frag & de-virus

Did you check Device Manager/Sound, Video and game controllers?
Is your card registered ok. Did the driver register ok? I think you have to turn off your integrated audio in the BIOS, then install the drivers.

In the EAX console make sure the Timing Scale is off, or set to 1.

I have no idea what the problem is, the music will slow down and go choppy, its so wierd, its making me grit my teeth because without music, I'd go nuts, I'm only half way there... I restarted the computer one day and it just bunged this on. I've had problems before, I think this goddamn mobo is rooted, I've never liked ASUS very much. This mobo is too touchy, unlike my old soltek...

then simply get a proper sound card. I did and probably won't upgrade sound for good few years, same sound card can travel from old to new computer together with the screen, it's one time investement that saves you all the hassle.

This doesn't sound like the problem, but evertime I had a problem with a sound card, I would click start > Run > dxdiag and turn my sound acceleration down a tad. But its just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back