Sound Card Pops & Crackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

I have a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card in my 939 build (EPoX 9NPA+Ultra mobo). I disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS and replaced it with said sound card at the outstart; it has the latest and last driver M-Audio offers. This was sounding fine in the beginning with no background noise at all.

However, in the last 2 months I am now getting pops, crackles, and scratching sounds whenever I turn my speaker system on. All connections and jacks are solid and the sound card sets fine.

I am wondering if this might have been due to when I flashed both by BIOS and nForce 4 chipsets to the newest offerings. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

speakers could be going bad. Speakers could be over-powered. Driver and BIOS issues. (most likely). If it was working before you messed with the driver and BIOS, then there's your problems. In general - with BIOS - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well I did go back into my BIOS and the latest flash did auto enable my onboard sound but disabling it didn't help. It was my CD/AUX control from the M-Audio control panel that was unmuted for some reason. Weird because I had it muted before and hadn't touched it since until now. Once I muted it the noise went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back