Sound Card Problem ( help me please. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
help me please.

im pretty much a noob here so correct me if i say anything dumb or wrong.

i've been having trouble with my speaker system.

shttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004RG6F/qid=1084677144/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/103-6205420-7736647?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

that's what i have.

so the speakers are fine , they're not the ones that came with it , those broke a long time ago. it's the part that everything plugs into . it's been working pretty good but it's been under some rough conditions lthroughout the year or so ive had it , people accidently kicking it , it's been dropped some times , and been moved around in a car alot, and some of the cords have been roughly pulled but recently , it had a pretty bad fall and now it doesn't turn on anymore , no light or sound or anything happens like normal. i opened it to see if anything was loose or broken but stopped before i did further damage.

but i was wondering, how the inside should look like ?, like maybe something got bent or knocked out of place but im not sure what i would fix because i don't know how it should be. i don't really have the money to bring it into the shop so i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or information or anything?

- Title edited
Didou

Replacing your sound card might be an option. You can buy cheap cards for as little as $15 these days. Nicer ones for around $25 to $45.

They are fairly easy to install as well.. Even a complete stranger to computers can install a sound card as long as they follow the directions and aren't afraid to open the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back