Sound card Problem in CS (MIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... first of all....WHat happend here!? i had to re-register!!!
anyways.....I got this crummy A-sound card while i get my Sound blaster..since my other messed up. IT works alright...sounds crummy. but thats ok. THE mic works in everything i have (roger wilco, Msn.) except CS ....it says something about it being in use or something...and i cant use it in CS. I wanna know why it says that. Also...my gameport doesnt seem to work....I connect my joystick.....AND it wont find it....i tell it to use the "sidewinder 3D pro" but it says not connected...but i try some other 3-axis, 2button thing..and it works i have all the drivers for it...but it wont work. Help is greatly appreciated.....Jebuz

Originally posted by jebuz
Also...my gameport doesnt seem to work....I connect my joystick.....AND it wont find it....i tell it to use the "sidewinder 3D pro" but it says not connected...but i try some other 3-axis, 2button thing..and it works i have all the drivers for it...but it wont work.
so the computer can't detect your sidewinder3d at all, right? or is it just not working?
if it can't detect anything at all, have you got it to work on other machines? other OS's?
does sound like the sidewinder has a faulty/damaged connector.

Have you tried running the HL voice setup? I know that needs to be done in order to run the voice program for the game. Goto START>>PROGRAM FILES>>SIERRA>>HL>>VOICE SETUP

This will run the diagnostics to get everything setup for the game. Adjust the volume and everything. Try this and let me know if it helps.

As far as your joystick. My roommate had the same problem with his sidewinder. He would have to sit there and click find new joystick about 30 times. And it always said Can't find. Until for some reason it just found it after a while. I am not exactly sure why this is, but......

He also said if he plugs in his gamepad into the back USB port, and his joystick in his front, then it would work for some reason. I am still not sure why, but hey you never know, it might help you.

Here's an idea

In the area where you can select the "custom controller" configuration like you mentioned, there's one called, "Autodetect Sidewinder". This should fix your Sidewinder woes.

AAHH

Well..... as far as the Voice setup IN CS goes......i try the voice setup..and it works fine in the setup..but when i enter a game in the console it says something about it being in use and not being able to talk to my friends on the microphone.

As for the Joystick.....What OS is that "autodetect sidewinder" button on ,,,,win98? ill look for it...but i didnt see it. ill post back to see how it goes. Maybe it will work.
-jebuZ

I DIDNT FIND IT RICK

SORRY RICK....but i didn't find that "autodetect sidewinder" button anywhere? Is it in 98? or what? Just thought you should know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back