Sound Card Problem

OK, I think I have a soundblaster x-fi mb from creative. My surround sound 5:1 speakers, when I use windows to test them, they work fine. All of them. However, when I play, for example, a music clip which is supposed to test them I find that the 2 at the sides of my room dont work. When I played a game however, I heard a small sound coming out of them. I suspect that I jsut have to go into the control panel and change the volume. I think.

When I try to open the console launcher it says this:
There are no supported audio devices available. You need to close the application. Click OK to close the application now.

I need help, I tried to re install the drivers but that didn't seem to do much.

You need to post the make and model of your computer or laptop. Plus system specs. This way someone can help you better.

If you have speakers set to 5.1 surround, a music clip will only come out of the front Left/right speakers.

Well, I have an update. I fiddled around with the drivers and they finally work meaning I can access all the programs. The point is that the rear right one and the rear left one only work in tests. They dont actaully work on videos and games etc.

PS. I have a rampage extreme II with a built in sound card

Should work in games. Make sure the in-game settings are set correctly. Music won't work.

Back