TechSpot

Sound card rip-off?????

By vegasgmc
Oct 20, 2002
  1. I was checking out sound cards for the computer Im planning on building and was thinking of just going with a cheap one since my SB Live hasnt been worth crap. I saw a nice Pine 6 channel card for $15. Then I check Hercules. The Herculars Game Surround 5.1 card for $40 is identical to the Pine card right down to the capacitors. They even use the C-media 8738LX chip. The only difference is PCB color. Are these the same cards or same manufacturer??

2. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

I have people saying that SB Live Card is mostly for gaming use while the Hercules card caters for audiophiles.

3. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Why? what is wrong with it?

I have a Live! 5:1 and it works fine in 98SE&XP and is good for both games and watching movies. Pity I only have Creative FPS1600 4:1 Speakers though.

4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

My Audigy is perfect. I love it. Couldn't ask for more out of a sound card...It caters to both gamers and audiophiles alike. Good thing I have the FPS2k Digital's :cool:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.