Sound card weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

James27uk

I have a trust 5.1 sound card in my computer, I have surround sound speakers and headphones connected to it with 3.5mm 'Y' connectors.
I have recently bought a mic but it doesn't work with this setup I plugged it in and could hear my voice through the speakers but the 'test hardware' program in control panel didn't pick it up. I tested it on my dads pc and the mic works fine.

Can anyone tell me if the speakers and head phones connected this way may have blown up the card or could it be that the card has just given up.
In either case what is a good sound card that would put up with this dual settings.

I am hesitant to use the on board sound on the motherboard (abit kn9) as am not sure what damage this may do in the future.

I have had a bit of a search and came across this card on ebuyer will it do the job?
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/112512

As you have the on-board sound card on the ABit board I would use that. You may have to enable it in the BIOS and then install the drivers before it will work.
It is possible that the Trust card is faulty but usually they either work or they don't work at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back