Sound card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I know nothing about this so I hope
I don't sound to dumb here!! I just got a new computer
a compaq. I bought the gane Wild Rides and It will not work.
I go to the website and it tells me to check my MB that it mush say 32.0 or higher to work. Well mine says 16. On the Activision website it said to seach my sound card on the internet( thats what brought me to this site) and that they should have a FREE download to bring me up to the 32.0 I need. Well I have seen nothing for free on this site. Can anyone help me? And If I do
have to buy one I have No clue what to even buy or how to install it. Thank you so much!!:)

I'm assuming you're on about this game? Wild Rides Water Park Factory. The recommended specifications for that game say that 32MB RAM & a 32MB Video card is recommended, whereas you've only 16MB - you still should be able to play it with that much though (Not very well though probably).

I think you might be confusing Soundcard with Videocard. To find out what you have, click on Start, Run, type in dxdiag.exe & click Ok. Check what the "Name" displayed in the "Display" tab is. Once you know that you can search for a new Driver for it. You should be able to find a Driver here - https://www.techspot.com/drivers/ in the Display Adapters section

Thanks for you help!! One more question. I did what
you said and found 2 on that site to download. How do I know
which one is better for me? Will downloading one give me a higher # than the 16 I already have? I am a little worried after reading some of the reviews. A few people said it make the games they had play even worse after downloading one of these.
Thanks sooo much!!!!!

Actually, just to make it easier, what Videocard did it say you have installed when you checked, e.g. NVIDIA TNT 2? & what operating system are you running, e.g. Windows XP.
Installing a newer Driver won't increase the amount of memory for either your videocard or RAM in your system. It might allow the game to work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back