Sound Driver Deleted by Accident

My mother recently deleted her sound driver (soundmax) on her desktop computer. I know have it here with me trying to fix it for her. It is a Dell dimension 2400. I already tried restoring the computer to an older date and that did not work. When I go into the msinfo32 from run..my problem devices are:
Multimedia Audio ControllerPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01601028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&FDThe drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Simple Communications ControllerPCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2702&SUBSYS_8D881028&REV_01\4&3B1CAF2B&0&28F0The drivers for this device are not installed.

If someone could Please Help Me out! Thank you very much.

Download DriverMax to help you update all your drivers. please note the free version only lets you update 2 drivers every 24 hours.

Get the model of the motherboard then download the specific driver for your sound driver... dont forget to update also the chipset....

Download DriverMax to help you update all your drivers. please note the free version only lets you update 2 drivers every 24 hours.

I dont recommend these programs personally. They usually recommend bogus updates. You just need the necessary drivers and those programs recommend random drivers that dont need to be updated. But these solutions are good for newbies.

Get the model of the motherboard then download the specific driver for your sound driver... dont forget to update also the chipset....

The chipset driver should be updated often but it isnt necessary for this situation.

Hi Taylor Leigh,

You would have received a SoundMax CD with your computer. If not available, try updating drivers from the Dell Support Website.

Click on this link: http://dell.to/1bvCi6G to download and install the audio driver for your Dimension 2400 . You can also check this link: : [FONT=arial]http://dell.to/YyKehR[/FONT] on how to use the Dell Drivers & Downloads website.

Select correct operating system as per your system prior to downloading and installing the driver. Re-start the computer once the driver has been installed for changes to take effect.

Let us know if further assistance is needed, we would be happy to help.

Thanks & regards,
Babita_G
#iworkforDell

Hi Taylor Leigh,

We hope the issue with your computer is resolved now. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & regards,
Babita_G
#iworkforDell

Back