Sound driver missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I recently had to format my hard drive and re-install everything due to virus (sigh) but now my sound driver is missing. When I start up it asks me for the location of 'multimedia audio controller' but I don't have the original CDs and so can't provide it with such. Is there any way I can find a driver on the net? The make of my laptop is Tiny, I have searched for the sound card make with no success.

If anyone can help I would be grateful!!

Alex

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. You will notice a link to the free Everest programme, that`ll give you lots of info about your system.

If it turns out that you have onboard sound, then you will need to go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the drivers from there.

If however, you have a separate sound card then you will need to go to the soundcard manufacturers website to get the drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

no sound

I recently got a new motherboard & upgraded my rams from 128 to 512. now there is no sound. i have been searching everything and is says my audio drivers are working properly. how do I check what this error message is 2511-201. I downloaded the everest thing, but am not sure how to use it. thanks for any help you can give this ol lady. susie :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back