Sound Drops Out - but only in Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smafie

Hi there..

Some might have seen the previous threads re my problems:
Shutdown while Gaming

Well i cured that with a new PSU with help from ppl here, but i still have a Sound Issue, namely a minute or 2 after starting a game the sound drops out! I have reloaded new drivers for both the sound and grafix and tried different ones as well, but i cant find out what is causing this..

It doesn't have any problems in Windows and works well, it's only during a game! This PC is not much fun atm, as fast as i fix one thing something else happens - Grrr

Anyone have any thoughts on this one at all??

Regards
Steve

It's an onboard soundcard i'm afriad isatippy

In a moment of desperation yesterday i bought an Audigy 2 Platinum Pro (not just for this, but i was intending to upgrade for other audio purposes soon anyway) and also a new S-ATA HD to start afresh.

Rather annoyingly the HD has defaulted to being the F: Drive instead of the C: although it is working quite normally so far and initial tests have been good. It seems the S-ATA connection is a lower priority in the boot sequence in the Bios being 3rd IDE device.

Anyway i will do some more tests when the thing is up and running again with a bit software loaded.

Thanks anyway..

Steve

Ah yes, i didn't forget that bit thankfully. I remember seeing that in another post.

So far the Sound from this new O/S and Audigy is stable and early tests have been good as far as gaming is concerned.

It's funny how irritating the O/S not being on the C: Drive designation is though..

Regards
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back