SOUnd Form Speakers Not Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have Sound Comming Form My speakers and wanted to hook up a headphone set (with mic) to use but so sound comes form them when there hooked in i bought them they day i tried and even tryed a 300$ sony stero headphones i no work and nothing i have tried many sets and stil lnone have worked suggestions?

Where are you plugging the headphones to? hat happens if you plug them to the same place as your speakers? You may have to enable the specific jack you are using for the headphones in your soundcard control panel.

So you only have one "jack" to plug in the speaker cord? There aren't any around it? I would hope that there are two others right next to it, maybe different colors?

How old is your computer, and what are its specs (things like processing power and memory)? Also, what kind of speakers are you using?

-JustinPS

Have you tried plugging the mic into the pink-colored jack? If not, that's the one you should be plugging it into.

If you are plugging it into the pink-colored jack (or whatever color your mic jack is), then try going to Start, then Programs, then Accessories, then Entertainment, then Volume Control. In the Volume Control, click Options (in the upper left) then Properties. Scroll down the list (make sure that the box next to Playback is checked) and check the box next to Microphone. Click OK then make sure the volume slider under Microphone is turned up at least halfway. This may help, although I'm not sure how...maybe the mic is interfering with the headphones, and turning up the mic volume will turn on/up the headphone volume.

-JustinPS

ive done all this i believe my sound card may be blown (little brother )

(sound is very low form the speakers i tried a few setson it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back