Sound freezes and screen goes blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this. Ok when I play GTA San Andreas sometimes the sound will freeze and then the screen will turn blue and it will have stuff saying there about bios or updates or disabling stuff and like 2 seconds later my computer restarts... I dont know what causes this. My comp specs are AMD Athlon xp 3200+ 2.21ghz nVidia GeForce FX 5600 Ultra 1gb memory Chaintech 7NJZ ZENITH Borton motherboard nforce 2.... Please someone help me out here!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Four possible causes spring to mind.

1 An under powered psu.

2 Faulty ram.

3 A faulty device driver.

4 Overheating.

You can test your ram by downloading the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let the programme run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is a pre built iso version available, that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

As for an under powered psu. Look HERE at this psu wattage calculator. Remember to add a further 30% to whatever figure it says you need.

You can stop your computer from automatically rebooting when there`s an error. Right click my computer, and select properties, then the advanced tab. Under startup, and recovery, click on settings. Untick the box that says automatically restart, click ok/apply the required number of times, and reboot your system.

Now instead of your computer rebooting when there`s an error, you should receive a stop message(BSOD) telling you what caused the problem.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

A list of Windows stop messages can be found HERE

Make sure you have all the latest drivers for your system, including the chipset drivers.

For monitoring you temps. You can either use the free Everest programme(see the link in my sig), or the Speedfan programme which you can get from HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back