TechSpot

Sound has completley gone!!!

By British_Command
Oct 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok here's the deal,
    My computer sound (and i mean everything) is not working and i cannot hear a thing!

It happened only like 20 mins ago LoL

There has been no conflict between the sound card and computer for ages and if i think i think ive had this problem before and some how i got it working becaus eof this site LoL

So its defientley not on MUTE im not a *******, and the sound card has been enabled and was never disabled!

And there is a note saying on the Properties of the Sound Device: This device seems to be working fine.

Even know it isnt

this shouldnt be a too bigger problem for all you computer geniuses, a fast reply and any help will be appreciated with my own THANKS LoL!

Thanks,
    :chef: Tom Wells-Day :chef:
  2. British_Command

British_Command TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

LoL

im ok now really wierd!

i plugged in my headphones and then just took them out and it worked

HUZZZAH!
  3. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

I guess the little headphone jack tab (inside) got stuck in the headphone position, so electrically defeating the signal to the speakers. REMEMBER this for the next time. :haha:

Cheers.
  4. British_Command

British_Command TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

WoW!

Welll i discovered staright after the speaker working that the little metal thing u insert in to the hard drive thing has beeen snapped in HALF!

Half of it is still inside the hard drive!!!!!!!!!
    At the moment my sound is fine so im ok, but to get it out i dont know!

The only thing i can think of is to turn the whole power of and try and get it out with a pin LoL

But for now i wont try anything :bounce:

Tom Wells-Day
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.