Sound hasn't worked, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around the end of June my audio went out, since then my dad has tried to help me with it. We finally gave up and decided to reboot my computer and readd Windows XP. The woman who sold the disk said it would add, or update any hardware. We tried that, but it did not work either. I haven't had time till now to try and figure out the problem. I was able to fix two programs that had a yellow question mark when I was in 'Device Mangager' another one popped up after I fixed the two. I uninstalled it and added it again like 'Troubleshoot' said. Once it added itself again it was under the correct spot, but now it had a yellow exclamation point.
I have tried to update it by 'Installing it automatically' and 'Installing from a specific location'.They both have the same result, "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary hardware." (( the file I'm having problems with is 'SIS 7018 Audio Driver' ))
Hopefully I explained it well enough, and if you can help me please reply!

No we need your Computer Make and Model number that's about all; in a new reply.

Or:

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

But type in your Make and model number in the Mobo field (And windows version, and everything else ideally)

Then reply back :)

I'm not sure what the model number and ect is. Heh all I know is that it was made by a guy in a shop near where I live. I think the windows is Windows XP home edition then it sayd version 2002.
I'm sorry that I don't know any of the information, but if you could help me try and find it please do. Again sorry, I'm not exactly a computer expert yet, hopefully I will be soon so I can fix my own computer problems.

Yes by sticking to the open forum with all info will help you ;)

In my above post I asked you to post your System Specs. Those words in blue are clickable links, please click on them and run the program.

Without your Motherboard or any addon PCI card specs, I cannot help further.

Good luck :)

Hi Amaya
Here's some steps to collect detailed specs for us so we can try to help

Here's a tool to use to get specs. Click here to download Everest Home. At top of Everest window
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Multimedia
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
Next to check for problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. In several seconds a window pops up
  • Expand Components by clicking the + sign next to it
  • Click Problem Devices. Does anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it. Then click Edit->Select All, then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back