Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop

By BinNyen
Dec 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Acer travelmate 530
    Model # BY27
    Operating system Windows XP wth servicepack 3

Hi,

After being reinstalled windows xp the sound of my laptop has been disabled. The icon of sound in the right bottom of the screen has been gone. And now I got different sound errors, sometimes when I go to:- 1. start/ all programs/accessries/entertainment/ volume control and then click I got the error that "there is no active mixer device avaiable. 2. On control panel when I click on sound and audio devices I found all the options related to sound are being disabled. 3. I also checked out the harware section on MY Comuter, the sounds drivers are there but something goes wrong with respect to that.
    I have already downloaded audio, vga, and someother drivers from ( us.acer.com/ac/en/us/content/drivers) and installed them but the problem is still there that is the sound is disabled.
    I would really appreciate on this forum if I can get the solution from someone with respect to that sound problem I am facing.
    I can't want to open my laptop's harware because I cant do that.

BinNyen
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.