Sound Issue - No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheny

A couple weeks ago my mobo died, and yesterday the replacement one from Abit came to me. I installed it in about 2 minutes and checked all the connections and it booted up fine. Everything works fine except that there is no sound at all. Period. Nothing from wmp, no windows sounds, no game sounds, etc. I tried reinstalling the sound drivers for my mobos built in sound (ac 97) but it still doesn't work. The drivers recognize that my headphones are plugged in but they still don't work(so I know that the analog ports ARE NOT dead). I know the headphones (Icemat Siberia) work as I was using them with another computer when I was waiting for my replacement mobo. Anyone have any suggestions because I really would like my sound back Thanks in advance.

specs are-
Abit KU8 mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2GB PC3200 DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9800XT
XP Pro

Pheny said:
A couple weeks ago my mobo died, and yesterday the replacement one from Abit came to me.

Sound's like you have done all the checks, my suggestion is the board is faulty, can you contact ABit and ask them for advice or a returns number.

That would really suck if I had to go through the RMA process a second time... But if it comes down to that I guess it's what I'll have to do...

Why don't you buy a PCI sound card. A great one is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS. If you want to stick to onboard sound, you will have to RMA the mobo

Even better: USB

NFSFAN said:
Why don't you buy a PCI sound card.
Better still, I'd recommend a good external USB sound device. They are pretty cheap now, don't use up a precious slot, and don't rob the cpu of any clock cycles, so you run a tad faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back