Sound issues, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell XPS running windows XP with a 3.0 ghz processor, ATI 9800 pro video card and a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card.

My problem is that I am hardly getting any volume out of my speakers even with the Volume fully up in both windows and on the speaker controls. This problem developed while playing a game and is now system wide. I thought it might just be the speakers so I hooked up some old ones, however the problem remained. I than thought it might be the soundcard drivers so I reloaded the original ones to no avail. If it helps, the game I was playing was Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines, and I had just installed directx 9.0c I also have the dell mulitimedia keyboard which I sometimes use to lower or raise the volume in game, but it seems to be working fine. I would be greatful for any help.

I just tried using a set of headphones with the system and the sound comes out very loud through them. I hope this info might help someone give me a suggestion as to the cause of my problem

Are you using the same output jack for the speakers as the headphone? If yes, then I'd suspect a bad cable between the sound card and the speaker system. If no, have you verified that waves are turned up?

It is a different connection but I have tried two sets of speakers with the same result. I'm now wondering if something is wrong with the sound card.

I am sure the waves are maxed out. I was hoping there was a widows setting I overlooked that was causing the probelm

Can you load the Windows Volume Control (Type sndvol32.exe into Start, Run & click Ok). Then use the options menu there to list all available Playback volume sliders, might be a case of one of them being really low & it wasn't shown in Creative's mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back