Sound not workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffguy

k heres the deal. i tryed everything on my computer but my sound still isnt workin. i tryed diff speakkers and evrything but still no damn sound. i tryed evrything windows xp offered troubleshooting,device check ect. i even checked master volume and it not on mute. someone please help me wit this.

Do you have onboard sound, or a separate soundcard?

Have you checked in your device manager for any yellow question/exlamation marks next to your sound devices?

Regards Howard :)

i have a on board sound card and yes i did that was part of the troubleshooting process

Go to your mobo manufacturers website, and download, and install the correct sound drivers for your mobo.

If that doesn`t work then maybe doing a repair install of Windows may help. Instructions for this can be found HERE.

If that doesn`t work then maybe your onboard sound chip has gone bad. If that`s the case then your only option is to get a separate soundcard.

You should check your BIOS if that onboard sound is enabled. I guess it should be by default, but that doesn't mean anything, hehe.

this computer is custom so i dont know who to call. ill just get a new sound card which would anyone recommend that like 100$$ or below that

duffguy said:
i have a realtek ac97 audio

Yes that`s onboard sound. Go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the drivers for your mobo. It might be a good idea to get the chipset drivers as well.

Regards Howard :D

i dont know wat motherboard company i have should i open my comp up and see? if i do were would i find it

Can you give me the exact mobo model you have?

Once we know that, we should be able to help you further.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

That`s not a problem. Just wait till you get home, then run the Everest programme. It will give you the make and model of your mobo.

duffguy said:
k heres the deal. i tryed everything on my computer but my sound still isnt workin. i tryed diff speakkers and evrything but still no damn sound. i tryed evrything windows xp offered troubleshooting,device check ect. i even checked master volume and it not on mute. someone please help me wit this.

Did you try a pair of headphones yet? You might have cheapo speakers without a powered cone or a speaker set with a busted power source. Also, do you have a wireless keyboard set? Sometimes the wireless KB screws up your sound settings if it has a volume up/down setting.

Uot.gif
http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

thats my new comps mobo i have problem with my old comp.and the name of the mobo was MSI ill get more info in a little bit.

ill get home at sunday ill tell u my mobo then but now i got a problem. ON my new comp its seems to be overheating evry time i play games. I got the lateest stuff into it and 5 fans! Everst says my mobo is 125f. THATs over haeting for a mobo isnt it? :hotbounce . U can see my new comps specs on my thread in this category, its called "new comp specs" it on the first page .

ANd one more question. how do u make that link thing u know the one that says HERE and its a link how?

Yes 125f which is about 52c does seem a little hot. Maybe you would benefit from getting a northbridge cooler. If you do a google search you should find plenty of options.

Now how to make the hyper link. When you click on post reply, at the top of the reply panel is a button called insert hyperlink.

If you click on it, it will open a small dialogue box. Type in the word or words that you want to use for the link, and hit return. Now either type, or paste into the box the url(address) of the link, and hit return. That`s it.

Northbridge coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back