Sound not working on new mobo Jetway A353DMS with ALC655

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just installed a new mobo (Jetway A353DMS), processor (Celeron D 2.8GHz) and 512RAM. I have the following other specifications
o/s Windows 98 (not SE)
Onboard sound card with AC'97 Codec and ALC655
Audio Driver Version 5.10.0.5740
Audio Controller ATI(4361)
DirectX version 9.0c

Having gone through a troublesome installation (ndis version not able to support more than 2.1Ghz prcessor speed) I now have my system working but no sound.

The sound card is showing as installed in Device Manager without any problems
If I play an audio CD this produces sound output through the 2 speakers
The front sound work (deeps etc on boot up)
However, windows sound (usual Windows start up / shut down) and anything from games etc does not work! Aghhhhh!

Any help gratefully received

Might be a silly question, but have you tried updating all of your drivers? It is a common problem once you have everything working, but something seems 'off'.

Try all of the manufacturers websites and download all new drivers and see what happens.

Rick.

Tried that ....

Thanks ... I have tried getting the latest drivers .. updated the BIOS on the new mobo byt still hav ethe problem ....

In the control panel "multiledia" I do not have a device to selct in the "Playback" section .. presume this is why now sound is coming out ... however in the Recording section my new Realtek AC'97 Audio onbaord soundcard is present and selected.

I have gone through Safemode and deleted old drivers and re-installed .. but still not system sounds. I only have some old speakers would the 6 channel ouput on ALC655 have anything to do with this? If so why do I get outputs from an Audio CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back