Sound not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

whakoworld

Sooo, i have this pc that i built... and the sound has never worked properly.
It used to work when i plugged the speakers into the microphone plug on the motherboard but audio on certain games and videos on the internet didnt work. My speakers are Logitech r-20 and my mother board is an asus p4p800se. I think i have installed the latest drivers/soundMAX thing and i experimented with plugging the speakers into the subwoofer port and it worked once but its not working anymore. (i tried these because the normal port didnt work either) Any thoughts?
Im totally stumped :(

Ah cheers, but i saved the link and it doesnt open :s
It says reinsert last volume of the multi something and then says its invalid

No

Just click on the link

By the way, when you save links, don't highlight them and copy them !
Right click on them and copy the shortcut :)

lol i did click on it. it says its invalid.
also i just googled the file name and it says that its version 5.12 which is the one that i originally downloaded. hmm.

alright, i reinstalled them, and it worked in the subwoofer port... for about 5 minutes. then cut out. silly pc

whakoworld

I know everyone hates to do it, but you should also check the manual ;)

Go to the ASUS support site for your board and download it's user manual.

Your BIOS settings are probably still OK and unchanged but worth checking them against the manual.

Then double check your Soundmax Control Panel settings for your speakers and how many channels you config for and speaker physical connections.

Also.. do you have more then just speakers defined as an output device? e.g I find that on occasion my speakers don;t work and when i re-check the "default" output device settings for sound in control panel it's been changed to another output device (e.g. Bluetooth Audio) so speakers stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back