Sound not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeating

I just formatted my hard drive because i think i had a virus which didn't let me boot up my system, so i reinstalled windows XP SP3, but now my Realtek HD card wont work.. I even have the CD with the right drivers on it, they wont install. instead of sound all i get is my computer making loud annoying beeps, why wont the drivers work? can someone help me.

thx

Go to your motherboard support website and download and install the audio drivers from there...

Oooops. just happend across your old post. have you fixed your problem yet.

sorry your question "got lost in the shuffle"

i heard SP3 has bad sound problems.. can someone help?

I have installed XP, Service Pack 3 on many computers, both old and newer systems, and I have not run into any problems, Just make sure your system is free of viruses and other spyware and malware

I cannot get any sound today except for windows start up sounds from my system (XP pro sp3)
Yesterday was fine, today i have tried troubleshooting, setting up new user, checked all settings, and speakers work fine, (HK 195's) but no sound! also have Realtek

sound not working now

The speakers are pretty old, but good and I am having trouble finding drivers (HK 195 )

any ideas?

you need to find the drivers for the computer's sound card (not your HK195 speakers)

This will help us identify your sound card
Download and run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Still under Preferences click Report, uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report in plain text. Check items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Multimedia
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)

well, went through the registry change, shut down. rebooted-nothing, now it didn;t even make the windos start up noise. no system sounds, no speaker sounds

I seem to have the same sound problems onn XP, I have done a few updates and all sound just stopped, I tried trouble shooting the Realtek High Definition Audio and followed the advice to Uninstall and Reinstall, but every time I try the reinstall it fails with the message "An error occurred during the intsallation of the device, Access is Denied".If I click on Souinds and Audio Devices Proprties is says No Audio Device!

lotzakdz
OK.. but have you actually done any of the instructions posted in this thread for you?!!! :rolleyes:

Please look at the instructions in Post 10, Collect that information and attach the report to your next TechSpot post​
PAHARRISN
Altho your problem sounds similar, it may or may not be caused by the same things. Please create a new thread where you can give specifics.
1. Please indicate which version of XP and Support Pack) eg. is it XP Pro SP2? SP3? or XP Home SP3? etc.
2. Indicate your computer make/model

3. Check if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post
Post your info in a new thread.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back