Sound only works sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am having an issue with my system where i'm only getting sound intermintently. i am running an athlon xp 1700 system with a soundblaster audigy mp3 audio card. the issue i am having seems to happen when i try to play media files (i.e. avi, mpg, etc.) on my system and no sound would come out. at first thought it was my sound card but then i tried winamp and that played music just fine. hell, azureus still makes a sound when a download has completed. so i'm at a loss trying to figure out what is causing this problem. in addition, when i restart the windows sound will play for the media files but after a while, if i pause or stop the file it won't play sound when i try to start it again. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

i had some sound issues earlier in the year, and i guess i didn't have the right drivers installed, and i was also missing some. maybe bring it somewhere or find out what drivers you are missing...?

first of all creative has the best email support. go their website to send a message.

next, under volume controls go the main control and click advanced button. see if digital output only is on. if so turn it off. also, sometime the system "auto-mutes" i dont know why check if your sound is muted.

finally open cretive diagnostics under start menu, and ruin a check.

but like i said when u email creative, they give a list of like 30 different options to solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back