Sound prob w/Audigy 2 ZS - No music - games work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there guys, I need help resolving a sound issue, I've posted on some creative forums & other places but no one even replys, i know you guys are better, so please. just help me, i can't live w/out my music!

Hey, I've been having this issue for a week now, tried as many solutions as I can think and asked a few people, nothing seems to help.

Basically I am not getting any sounds out of my Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, except in my games. When i try to play some music in WMP it says that the device is not found. I go to tools>devices>speakers and set it to my audigy but no workie, almost as if i need audio codecs. but i've tried a few packs and it still doesn't work.. sad

This happened right after I installed new audio drivers, but i rolled back literally DOZENS of times and it still doesn't work! I even removed all the sofware etc and then physically removed the card, rebooted the comp, turned it off, replaced the card, and then used the original install cd etc..etc..

All i need to know is how to make the audigy my main sound device, it appears in my system thingy but its like it doesn't utilize it.

I've made sure no onboard thingys are conflicting with it and there are no other conflicts, i'm thinkin maybe some audio codecs??? i dunno, please HELP!

checkout the pic, may make things clearer.

Also I got

Windows XP
XFX 7900GT
2 GB Crucial
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

etc.

Google for Driver Cleaner Pro and make sure all instances of the Audigy drivers are removed. Go to Creative's Support site and download the Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS latest drivers. Install them and see if your sound returns to normal

Hmmm. I did it, seemed to do something but sound isn't back, something really weird- Crysis is the only game I get sound in.. ??? All others don't work.

When I go to Run>DxDiag>Music>Test Directmusic, and test "Microsoft Systheisizer", it says:

"Port Activation Failed because there was no sound driver found" "Check whether your sound card is installed and working properly"

But if i test the other 2 in there it "SB Audigy 2 ZS audio direct music systheisizer [E880]" or "SB audigy 2 ZS audio [E880]" it plays the music and works, ???

thanks for responding man and I hope you can help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back